So this week’s writing prompt from the Writer’s Workshop over at Mama’s Losin It is 10 reasons I’m glad it’s fall. Pfft.
I say Pfft because it’s a little begrudgingly I write this post considering we’ve had temps topping off at 102 at 7 PM this week. It doesn’t feel like fall and it’s starting to piss me off, just a little. Because I do really love fall. So I guess you could say that this is 10 Reasons I’ll be Glad it’s fall when indeed it comes. Whenever that is.
- Leaves – I’m such a geeky Thoreau reading nature chick. I LOVE fallen leaves scattered on the ground and the driving around looking at the different colored leaves on the trees in our neighborhood. The leaves changing are something I look forward to all year long.
- Cold Weather – Don’t get me wrong, I’m a California girl through and through. I love flip-flops and beaches and lying around by the pool. But only for so long. Come mid August I start looking at my watch like a high schooler stuck at party that ended two hours ago. I’m ready to trade-in my bathing suit for hoodies and levis just as soon as Mother Nature gives me the go ahead.
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes – OMG. Probably one of my favorite things about fall is this seasonal favorites from Starbucks is one of my favorite treats in whole wide world. I long for its pumpkiny goodness all year long.
- Pumpkin Patches – Whether it be our annual family trip or a field trip with one of the kids classes, I adore visiting pumpkin patches. The color, the smell, hayrides and corn amazes and the whole nine yards. Throw in a Pumpkin spice Latte and I’m in seasonal heaven.
- Decorating for Halloween – My husband and I have one all out for Halloween every year since the first year we had our own place. And that tradition has grown more each year. Now decorating the house in spooky cobwebs and talking skeletons is something my kids look forward too almost as much as I do.
- Candy Corn – Do they sell candy corn the rest of the year? Oh well, I don’t care. It only tastes good during the fall season.
- Morning – I love to wake up early on a fall morning, put on cozy slippers get under a blanket and enjoy a hot cup of coffee.
- Fires – I love my fireplace and I eagerly await the first cozy fire of the year every October.
- Baking – I’m not much of a cook but I when the cooler weather comes in I can’t help myself and become a baking fool. Pies, soups, cookies, bread. Anything warm & seasonal.
- My Birthday – October 18th is the day I was born and so I always consider fall and all the wonderful things about fall to be kind of a celebration of… well me.
What’s your favorite thing about fall? Assuming your not in the middle of a record breaking heat wave like we are here in California that is…