This weekend I’ve been jammin to the Rent soundtrack. And the title song, Season’s of Love has got me choked up more then once in that time. The main reason of course being that my son just completed Kindergarten, And not to be out done, my daughter completed her first year of tiny tots. It’s been a good year. We’ve all learned a lot. And in the vain of Rent I give you my list of what we’ve learned in these last 525,600 minutes. Well a little of what we learned this year.
1. Cheyanne learned to write her name.
2. Patrick learned to read.
3. I learned that PTA moms Rock.
4. On January 20 both kids learned what inspiration looks like.
5. Patrick learned that Karma means, “Good things happen when you do good stuff and bad stuff happens when you do bad stuff”
7. I learned that I can’t do everything, but I can do all right.
8. Patrick learned to count to 1,000.
9. I learned that my dad is stronger than cancer.
11. I learned that Allen only gets better with age.
12. Cheyanne learned that no matter how much she thinks otehrwise, she’s not always in charge.
13. Patrick learned that he’s a descendant of a President, and that Abraham Lincoln was a “good man who got killed by some pretty bad people.”
14. I learned that T-Ball can do more for the soul than I ever thought possible.
15. I learned that life really is about doing what makes you happy. Anything less is just teaching my kids a bad example.
18. I learned that we do know how to grow a great garden around here too.
19. I learned that you don’t need money to have a great Christmas.
20. Cheyanne learned how to swing on her own.